“A methodology of strategies, techniques, and tactics used to increase the number of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search results page of a search engine (SERP) — including Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines,” is how Webopedia, an online dictionary defines Search Engine Optimization or SEO.
Today, irrespective of the type of product you are selling or the level of the target audience, there is major competition at each level. Moreover, the need to highlight your data to the world and make sure it is featured at the top is essential for companies to grow. Slowly, firms have discovered that success not only results by creating good feed and consistency, but it also makes a huge difference whether you get noticed or not. With the help of good SEO, your work is noticed, stays in the limelight and attracts organic visitors. Similarly, you can also increase traffic, get good responses and create an impression in a lesser amount of time by getting your SEO in place.
To start off with, excellent content that has been enhanced with keywords, ensuring good link building strategies, making your website and content mobile-friendly, working on On-page and off-page factors and stressing on minor but essential technical aspects go a long way in maintaining good SEO and improving it in the future. Also, make sure you focus on consistency, keeping up the quality of work and confirming you stick to what you wish to promote. All these efficient SEO techniques account for major factors that need to be considered for improving one’s SEO ranking.
Here are some of the best SEO Strategies for 2017 to help boost your visibility and promote a better user response:
1. Improve your social media post engagement: The trick to reaching your audience through good SEO is not only putting up posts but also making them worthy of the readers’ time.
2. Improve search ranking: By targeting specified keywords and abiding by SEO strategies and SEO techniques, it is easy to be on top of search engine results and catch the visitors’ eye.
3. Improve page speed: By focusing on the crawl rate (time taken by a search engine to ‘crawl’ or scan websites by following links from website to website) and Click Through Rate (the number of visitors who reach a website by following hypertext links), it is possible to improve the page speed and ensure visitors do not deviate from your website.
4. Focus on discussing topics rather than targeted keyword: Content strategy is the backbone to improve your search ranking. With the view of making your website SEO-friendly, do not forget its sole purpose, i.e. providing valuable info to your visitors and helping them understand your offerings.
5. Build quality backlinks: The incoming links pointing to your website help generate traffic, improve search engine results and improve popularity. Good backlinks rise with eliminating technical errors, ensuring strong site architecture, focusing on relevant matters with excellent and engaging content.
6. Guest Posting: Guest posting refers to an act wherein a person writes or publishes an article on another website or sharing platform with a mention of the author. Apart from building great traffic, Guest posting also helps develop an online presence that increases credibility, upsurges backlinks and keeps customers engaged.
7. Ensuring SEO compatibility on YouTube goes a long way: With apt video descriptions, focusing on consistency, quality videos, and effective promotion, it helps you get noticed on YouTube, which is one of the largest sharing platforms globally. Visual marketing also allows you to reach to a better and a wider audience.